Assets Monitoring in the Telecom Industry using IoT
Avoid theft and damage to cellular network equipment by monitoring doors, windows and environmental conditions in communications shelters.
Mobile communication towers are fitted with complex routing equipment safely kept in controlled rooms that must always operate within a range of temperatures and humidity, for specification and for minimizing energy consumption. So, it is important to keep track when doors and windows are opened and closed. Not only for ensuring proper temperature and humidity but also for security.
Because of that, especially in remote or non-urban locations, the equipment that is housed in shelters should be monitored.
Easy monitoring thanks to IoT technologies
Using a range of IoT solutions, tailored:systems offers a comprehensive solution for router room monitoring:
- Door and window sensors to keep track of opening and closing with respect to planned or emergency site visits. The system can detect an opening, query a maintenance database, and alert if the opening does not match any assigned visit, and alert if kept open too long or past the scheduled visit.
- Temperature and Humidity to monitor operating conditions.
- CO2 and CO monitoring (as an early indicator of slow-burning fires)
- Optionally schedule tasks and visits using TaskeControl SaaS software
All sensors transmit telemetry using LoRaWAN technology and use long-life battery, so installation is easy and very cost effective – no cabling is needed. Telemetry can be uploaded to IoTailor IoT portal using a public LoRaWAN network or uploaded to 4G or private network using local gateways. Front end application can be a simple SMS notification plus web-based dashboards or a fully bespoke workflow application.
- Keep your remote communications shelters secured and controlled
- Reduce energy budget by detecting router rooms / shacks kept unnecessarily cold or warm
- Reduce equipment damage by quickly detecting wrong temperature and humidity settings
- Avoid forgotten open doors or windows by receiving timely alerts
- Detect slow burns by monitoring CO2 (or CO) levels
- Connect to any maintenance system to crosscheck activity on site
tailored:systems full technology stack provides end-to-end solution or integrate just some parts with the customer technology.